Bathroom Exhaust Fan – a small but important detail of the bathroom on which depends the health and safety of the inhabitants of the house and apartment. Our article will help you to choose the best version of exhaust fan.
Is a bathroom just a machine that helps you to clear your bathroom mirror whenever you’ve stepped out?
An exhaust bathroom fan is capable of removing the humidity and moist air from bathrooms. That way, it helps to decrease the growth of any health hazards. What it has to offer might be beyond your expectation.
Now you’ve decided to buy a model that can well ventilate your bathroom. Then, the most critical question to pop up in your mind: “Which is the best one to opt for?”
Below is our recommended list of the best bathroom fan in 2022! Hope that it will give you a useful idea on which one to choose!
- 6 BEST BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN REVIEWS 2022
- 1. BV ULTRA-QUIET 150 CFM, 2.0 SONES BATHROOM VENTILATION & EXHAUST FAN
- 2. TATSUMAKI LD-120 BATHROOM FAN – 120 CFM ULTRA QUIET WITH LED
- 3. TECH DRIVE VERY-QUIET 70 CFM, 2.0 SONE BATHROOM VENTILATION AND EXHAUST FAN (70CFM)
- 4. ULTRA QUIET VENTILATION FAN BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN (110CFM/0.8SONE)
- 5. DELTA ELECTRONICS (AMERICAS) LTD. GBR80 DELTA BREEZGREENBUILDER EXHAUST BATH FAN 4″ DUCT
- 6. FANTECH PB110 INLINE EXHAUST BATH FAN KIT, 110 CFM, REMOTE MOUNT FAN, FOR 4″ DUCT
- BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN BUYING GUIDE
- NOISE LEVEL
- AIR FLOW CAPACITY AND FAN SIZE
- NIGHT LIGHT
- ENERGY RATING
- WHY SHOULD YOU INSTALL A BATH FAN?
- HOW TO INSTALL A BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN?
- STEP 1: PREPARATION STEPS
- STEP 2: INSTALLATION
- STEP 3: BATHROOM FAN REPLACEMENT
- BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN: FAQ’S
- HOW MUCH ELECTRICITY DOES A BATHROOM FAN CONSUME COMPARED TO A LIGHT BULB?
- WHICH IS THE BEST BATHROOM FAN MANUFACTURER?
- DOES YOUR BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN VENT OUTSIDE?
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED TO CLEAN YOUR BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN?
- WHY IS YOUR BATHROOM CEILING FAN SO LOUD?
- WHAT DOES A SONE RATING MEAN?
- WHAT DOES CFM MEAN?
- SO, WHICH IS THE BEST ONE TO CHOOSE?
6 BEST BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN REVIEWS 2022
Before getting to know the unrivaled features of each product, make sure to check out our comparison table below first.
|BV Ultra-Quiet 150 CFM, 2.0 Sones Bathroom Ventilation||Tatsumaki LD-120 Bathroom Fan – 120 CFM Ultra Quiet with LED||Tech Drive Very-Quiet 70 CFM, 2.0 Sone Bathroom||Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan||Delta Electronics (Americas) Ltd. GBR80 Delta BreezGreenBuilder||Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan Kit|
|Dimension: 17.7 x 15.3 x 11.4 inches||Dimension: 9 x 9 x 7.8 inches||Dimension: 7.5 x 7.2 x 6 inches||Dimension: 10.2 x 10.2 x 8 inches||Dimension: 10.8 x 10.8 x 5.8 inches||Dimension: 12.6 x 12.4 x 14.5 inches|
|Rooms of up to 150 square feet||Rooms of up to 120 square feet||Rooms of up to 75 square feet||Rooms of up to 110-130 square feet||Rooms of up to 120 square feet||Rooms of up to 110 square feet|
|Weight: 13.36 pounds||Weight: 10 pounds||Weight: 5.1 pounds||Weight: 11.5 pounds||Weight: 1 pound||Weight: 6.6 Pounds|
|Wattage: 42 watts||Wattage: 45 watts (6W LED lighting panel)||Wattage: 25 watts||Wattage: 33 watts||Wattage: 10.5 watts||Wattage: 20.4 watts|
|Noise Level: 2 Sones||Noise Level: 1.2 Sones||Noise Level: 2.0 Sones||Noise Level: 0.8 Sone||Noise Level: 0.8 Sones||Noise Level: 110-139 CFM|
|Air Flow Capacity: 150 CFM||Air Flow Capacity: 120 CFM||Air Flow Capacity: 70 CFM||Air Flow Capacity: 110 CFM||Air Flow Capacity: 120 CFM||Air Flow Capacity: 4.4 out of 5 stars|
1. BV ULTRA-QUIET 150 CFM, 2.0 SONES BATHROOM VENTILATION & EXHAUST FAN
There are a lot of excellent attributes that make this ultra-quiet model by BV the best bathroom exhaust fan.
Firstly, Silent-Clever Technology allows it to ventilate in an area of up to 150 square feet.
The BV Ultra-Quiet Bathroom Ventilation & Exhaust Fan only runs on a power rating as low as 120 Volts. It means that it not only will not increase your electricity bills but also can save much energy.
This exhaust fan by BV has a 4″ firmly secured stainless steel collar. It is the only thing to lead to easy installation, though. The 10.5″ x 10.5″ mount opening comes as a plus.
Despite all of the appealing features above, its sone rating of 2.0 is the most disappointing one. It is much higher than other products on our list. Fortunately, it is not too loud to disturb you.
Haven’t you made up your mind yet? Let’s get your 150-square-feet-bathroom fresh and free of uncomfortable odors!
- Silent-Clever Technology;
- Performance and quality assurance;
- Come with a budget-friendly price;
- Provide such a good air circulation in the rooms of up to 150 square feet;
- Easy to install;
- 1-year limited warranty;
- Have a sone rating of 2.0 sones.
2. TATSUMAKI LD-120 BATHROOM FAN – 120 CFM ULTRA QUIET WITH LED
Why is the Tatsumaki LD-120 Bathroom Fan the best bathroom exhaust fan with light? From its standard size to its performance, it has all to be expected at the best bathroom fan with light.
As I have mentioned above, the first impressive feature is its housing that can be fitted in between various ceiling joists.
Not content with just the right size, Tatsumaki makes their product more appealing with the 6W LED lighting panel. It will definitely add more light to a bathroom with limited lighting.
The 1007 RPM fan speed increases the systematized flows of standard air circulation. Meanwhile, the lighting panel prevents your bathroom from cold air.
Aside from the double hanger bar system, the detachable 4″ duct adapter also adds to the user-friendly installation.
What experienced users do not like about this model is how hard the cleaning might be. Because it is mounted between ceiling joists, deep cleaning takes you more time than usual.
- User-friendly installation;
- High-quality with moderate 6W LED light;
- The double hanger bar system leads to ideal positioning;
- Quiet enough to use at night;
- Indicate humidity control;
- Perfectly sized in most ceiling joists;
- Cover an area of up to 120 square feet;
- Come with a 2-year limited warranty;
- Not suitable for small bathrooms;
- Hard to clean.
3. TECH DRIVE VERY-QUIET 70 CFM, 2.0 SONE BATHROOM VENTILATION AND EXHAUST FAN (70CFM)
Get your bathroom mold-free with the best bathroom vent fan certified by the Home Ventilating Institute!
Tech Drive used galvanized steel to make the exterior of their TD-BF-03 bathroom fan. Moreover, they also finished it with a rust-resistant bathroom fan cover.
Thus, there is no need to worry about water droplets leading to corrosion on this exhaust fan. As the TD-BF-03 fan comes with an internal damper which helps avoid back-drafting, no cold air is allowed into your bathroom.
Even though it can get rid of much damp at the speed of 70 CFM, its noise level of 2.0 sones makes it a little disturbing.
However, if you are on a tight budget, the Tech Drive TD-BF-03 is an affordable Ventilation and Exhaust Fan with good circulation of air to buy.
- ILong-life durability ensured by the galvanized steel housing;
- High-quality performance assurance by UL and HVI;
- Fan housing and screws included for user-friendly installation;
- Able to handle both small and medium bathrooms;
- 3-inch duct;
- Come with a moderate price tag;
- A noise level of 2.0 sones;
4. ULTRA QUIET VENTILATION FAN BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN (110CFM/0.8SONE)
There are tons of reasons why this engineered-to-comply with energy star standard model is the best exhaust fan for bathroom.
Do you have a medium bathroom? Or are you are worried about your exhaust fan being spoilt in the bathroom? Then, this unit by Win Air is the right fan to install.
With the strong air movement of up to 110 CFM, it can improve air circulation and reduce excess humidity and moisture to fight against molds and odors.
Some users complain about the incorrect user manual. Therefore, it’d better have an installer help you with the installation to save time modifying it to perfectly fit in the existing location.
As the 18-34A-2 bathroom fan for shower/tub enclosure is UL-listed, you can easily fit it on a tub.
When it comes to the noise level, expect Win Air to keep it as small as possible. With the sone rating of 0.8, it will not disturb your bath.
This Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan is, without doubt, made to surprise you by the low noise level when it works.
- Designer-styled to compliment any bathroom decor;
- Fight against uncomfortable odors and smells;
- HVI 2100-certified;
- Listed by UL as the best bathroom fan for tub/shower enclosure;
- A low noise level of 0.8 sones;
- The incorrect user manual is somehow tricky;
- Hard to install;
5. DELTA ELECTRONICS (AMERICAS) LTD. GBR80 DELTA BREEZGREENBUILDER EXHAUST BATH FAN 4″ DUCT
Manufactured by Delta Electronics (Americas) Ltd. – one of the world’s leading companies, the GBR80 Delta BreezGreenBuilder Exhaust Bath Fan should be the best bathroom fan.
With the 120 CFM rating, it will completely dry the shower moist after you have finished showering.
As a plus, its DC brushless motor technology offers an incredibly quiet solution at the noise level as low as 0.6 sones. Also, it helps save 74% of electricity compared to other models at the same price range.
The GBR80 Delta BreezGreenBuilder Exhaust Bath Fan can efficiently cover medium-sized bathrooms as large as 120 square feet. With this exhaust bath fan, moisture and humidity are kept at bay.
What’s most disappointing is the 3-year limited warranty. Considering its affordable price, though, it is long enough to assure you its sturdiness.
- LED light indicator tells you when to clean;
- The noise level as low as 0.6 sones;
- Affordable and durable;
- DC Brushless Motor technology gives it the best bathroom exhaust fan motor;
- Fully guaranteed performance and quality;
- Lock protection and soft start;
- Engineered-to-comply with energy star standard;
- Come with a 3-year limited warranty;
- 70,000 continuous hours in use;
6. FANTECH PB110 INLINE EXHAUST BATH FAN KIT, 110 CFM, REMOTE MOUNT FAN, FOR 4″ DUCT
The last product to be reviewed on our list of the best bathroom fan is the Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan Kit.
Regardless of design and manufacturer, a bathroom fan has to be good at exchanging air and decreasing the humidity to a level as low as possible.
The Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan does that with a CFM of 110. It is capable of managing a good job in any commercial uses without difficulty.
Mounting in the ceiling is a small-scale intake grille. Meanwhile, the motor of the fan itself mounts in a remote location preventing it from water in the living area.
The Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan is not a household device. But, it is a powerful yet quiet model protecting your bathroom from the terrible effects of humidity.
- Durable, flexible, and efficient;
- Powerful air movement;
- Remote mount fan promises a quiet operation;
- UL and HVI certified;
- Meet ASHRAE Standard 62.2;
- Unobtrusive intake grille gives it a much better aesthetics;
- Higher price than other products on our list;
BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN BUYING GUIDE
Before delving into our suggested list, it is wise to consider various factors and features available in the best bathroom fans.
Do you want a fan with the noise and annoying intensity of a jet engine to disturb your relaxing time? If not, make sure to find a bathroom fan that can complete its job in silence.
The models with a sone rating as low as 1.5 are good choices. And the one coming with a 3, 4, or 5 sone rating might be a little noisy.
AIR FLOW CAPACITY AND FAN SIZE
Typically, the CFM ratings range from 50 to 100. Ideally, every single foot of space in your bathroom needs at least one CFM. For example, a 100-square-feet bathroom requires a bathroom exhaust fan having a CFM rating of at least 100.
The lower-wattage night light option might come as a plus in many bathroom exhaust fans. It gives dimly lit bathrooms enough illumination at night. That way, you can easily find your way while not consuming much energy.
The best bathroom fan to invest in is the one that does not consume too much energy. Not only is it environment-friendly, but it also does not increase your electricity bills.
WHY SHOULD YOU INSTALL A BATH FAN?
Airtight and adequately insulated bathrooms are good for energy-efficient and reducing the electricity bill. However, they are bad for the quality of the indoor air movement.
The only method to reduce the concentration of pollutants indoors is the appropriate exhausting and good indoor air ventilation.
In addition to exhausting pollutants, you should also replace the indoor air by fresher outdoor air and control the moisture. And this is what the best ventilation systems can do for you.
HOW TO INSTALL A BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN?
How to install a bathroom fan? And how to replace a bathroom fan? It is a pretty straightforward DIY project for all homeowners. With just basic carpentry and electrical techniques, you can complete it with ease.
STEP 1: PREPARATION STEPS
- Know exactly the CFM rating suitable for your bathroom;
- Consider the sone rating of your bathroom fan;
- Determine the perfect location to install your bathroom fan;
- Get all of the required devices and tools.
STEP 2: INSTALLATION
- Use a drill to make a reference hole;
- Determine the ceiling;
- Use a saw to cut the pilot hole;
- Place your exhaust fan in the chosen position;
- Fit the bathroom fan to the ceiling joists;
- Locate an ideal exit spot for the duct pipe;
STEP 3: BATHROOM FAN REPLACEMENT
- Unplug the power cable;
- Disconnect the wiring and the motor;
- Access the attic and take the housing off;
- Locate your new bathroom fan;
- Reconnect the motor and the wiring;
- Finish the outside work.
BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN: FAQ’S
HOW MUCH ELECTRICITY DOES A BATHROOM FAN CONSUME COMPARED TO A LIGHT BULB?
The amount of electricity consumption of a light bulb can significantly vary according to the kind of bulb. For example, a modern bulb like CFL or LED costs one-sixth of the power consumption of a typical incandescent bulb.
In comparison, some highly-efficient basic fan-only ventilation models consume as little as approximately 6 watts. Meanwhile, other standard units can consume up to 10 times as much as this amount and even more.
If you want to save as much as possible, it’d better choose a small-capacity fan. It requires less power than a combination fan unit with heaters and lights.
WHICH IS THE BEST BATHROOM FAN MANUFACTURER?
Nowadays, so many brands manufacture awesome bathroom fans with certified high-quality performances. All of them shine in their own way.
Nutone bathroom fan is known for its traditional models. Broan bathroom fan is engineered to overpower your bath’s design. Panasonic bathroom fan comes with the latest technologies to meet the high standard.
And Lowe’s bathroom fan is famous for quick connection, easy installation, and minimal noise.
DOES YOUR BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN VENT OUTSIDE?
“Where does a bathroom fan blow to?” It is one of the most frequently asked questions by most homeowners with a high curiosity about the best bathroom fans.
Obviously, your bathroom is a damp and sodden place. Because of regular standard showering, it often stays in a warm, moist, clammy, and wet condition.
To deal with the bathroom’s moisture rich environment, we need to install a bath fan for regular airflow to control the mold, fungus, and dampness at all times.
Also, it helps remove unpleasant smells and odors and keep the overall freshness. In fact, all bathroom fan units are designed to blow in a lot of different ways depending on the construction and design of your house.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED TO CLEAN YOUR BATHROOM EXHAUST FAN?
After being used on a regular basis, your bathroom exhaust fan will inevitably be covered with dirt. To improve the quality of the ambient air and maintain your fan’s efficiency, you should regularly clean it.
It is not a bad idea to vacuum your bathroom exhaust fan every 3-4 months. Or at least two times each year.
To deep clean, you have to disconnect the circuit breaker from the power supply. Then, remove its cover. And finally, wash it with a cotton cloth and some hot soapy water.
Before reassembling the bath fan and resupplying the power, you have to make sure that all of its parts are completely dry.
WHY IS YOUR BATHROOM CEILING FAN SO LOUD?
A bit screw tightening is required if your bath fan has been already super noisy right after being installed. What if your fan which has been run on a quiet level just became noisier. It is likely that the motor is dirty.
WHAT DOES A SONE RATING MEAN?
The sone rating (also called sone) is an industry term used to describe the level of sound that a bathroom fan makes.
The lower the sone ratings are, the quieter the fans’ operation will be. And the higher the sone ratings are, the less comfortable the normal listeners will feel.
WHAT DOES CFM MEAN?
The cubic-feet-per-minute rating (or CFM) indicates how powerful the air movement of any bathroom fans is.
IN SHORT: A bigger fan with stronger power is capable of generating higher CFM. And lower CFMs are suitable for a larger space.
SO, WHICH IS THE BEST ONE TO CHOOSE?
Each of the 6 models on our list is really helpful in its own special ways. It is an inarguable fact. But which is the best bathroom fans in the market?
The Delta Electronics (Americas) Ltd. GBR80 Delta BreezGreenBuilder Exhaust Bath Fan is our favorite.
It is not the best bathroom ceiling fan out there, not an excellent bluetooth bathroom fan. But it is good at what it has. It is the most affordable bathroom fan for what it has to offer.
Made by one of the most leading manufacturers specializing in the modern energy efficient heating systems since 1985. It can run continuously for as long as 70,000 hours.
It can save up to 74% of electricity compared to other products of the same range. That’s why we love it!